PERMANENT BACKEND DEVELOPER(JAVA) FULL REMOTE LONDON
This role will involve designing and developing large scale distributed systems to support real-time multi-user interactions in an Immersive Product (yes, even more complex than an MMO), with 3D collaboration.
As a Backend Engineer in an immersive technology company, you need to understand our products and have empathy with our users. You must also have the passion and motivation to improve, propose, design, and develop scalable backend systems to support low latency interactions across multi-platform applications such as desktop, mobile devices, design tablets, AR, VR and so on. You understand PoC, MVP, and production development, and can properly address and balance the quality (scalability, reliability, extensibility, flexibility etc) of the systems you are going to deliver in timeline.
With a solid engineering foundation, you have a strong motivation to learn new skills and knowledge in cutting edge technologies, and are always willing to try, propose, redesign, and refactor alternative solutions to be more efficient, while reducing errors, and minimising human interactions for easier maintenance.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering
• Fluent in (both) written and spoken English
• 2+ years Java experience in a commercial setting
• Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
• Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
• Understand and adopt rigorous industry-standard coding and design pattern best practices, including SOLID
• Strong interest in new and emerging technologies
• Keen interest to continuously learn new skills and technologies
Bonus points if you have
• Experience with distributed system
• Experience in large scale projects, working in teams
• Experience using Redis, Apache Cassandra, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch
• Experience using Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience implementing with AWS or Google cloud