NEW PERMANENT CTO FULL REMOTE LONDON
SALARY UP TO 120K
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Planning, technical direction and responsibility for software and product development and engineering. Including but not limited to Backend services, software integrations, app development and embedded systems software.
• Investigate various technical issues that may arise with the products and lead finding solutions and problem solving
• Define and scope product road maps with key stakeholders.
• Develop preventative measures to stop reoccurring problems (Risk assessments)
• Work with and oversee technicians in developing engineering designs
• Keep good working relationships with manufacturing and engineers in Asia
• Implement and monitor best practices within the development team
• Have a willingness to provide technical input for C-level colleagues and join external client meetings.
• Have overall responsibility for the management of software and hardware projects and the development team
• Be responsible for sprints, schedules and planning
• Be hands on with other engineers to support the development team on a day to day basis
• Be responsible for recruiting within the development team
• Sprint and task planning for in-house development team Experience with connected hardware is essential with a strong background in leading emerging technology teams.
Must have requirements
• Expert knowledge of Cloud computing and full end-to-end stack technologies.
• Developed a consumer facing product or service through to the point of production/ or launch.
• Scaled teams to release successful greenfield implementations
• Strong technical understanding of IoT based products/ services infrastructures, architecture and implementation.
• Experience in working at a crazy, fun, fast paced tech start-up is desirable.
• Ambitious with passion and a ton of energy
• Experience with connected devices (WiFi/Bluetooth
• Experience in start-ups is desirable
• Must be detailed, organised and proactive
• A passion or interest for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
• Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must have experience with working on products designed for consumer use.